Ulm Munster Cathedral is located in Ulm, Germany. It is currently under Lutheran Administration. Due to the great size of Ulm Munster, it is often misnamed as a “Cathedral”. It has never been used as a “Bishop's Seat” of power. The foundation of Ulm was laid in 1377 and was originally located outside of the City walls of Ulm. It was supposed to have 3 Naves, but cost eventually prohibited this. The main “Western Tower” is the tallest point of Ulm – and is 300 feet tall. Only half completed by 1543, constructed was halted due to multiple conflicts (30 Years War, War of Spanish Succession and The Reformation). Ulm was officially considered completed in 1890. Ulm was spared a devastating Air Raid by Allied Bombers in WWII (when most of Ulm was destroyed). Ulm still features an impressive collection of Medieval sculptures. Of musical history, the great Mozart was known to have played the Ulm Organ in 1763. It was renovated in the 1960s. Ulm also has an excellent collection of roof Gargoyles, most dating from the 15th Century.