Located near current San Luis Obispo, California – The Asistencia served as a Support House for area Missions. It maintained storehouses and a Chapel. Originally picked as a “half-way” point by Fr. Junipero Sierra in 1772 – The Asistencia served as the last Tribal Area of The Salinan Indians. The Adobe was surrounded by a 30 foot high stone wall with the ability to accommodate a Caretaker and Family as well as 8 visiting Priests. The Asistencia featured an intensive Wheat Grain Farming system as well (also run by The Salinans). During an 1818 Pirate Raid by French Privateer Hipolito Bouchard, The Asistencia served as a protective Fort for local Residents. Falling under Mexican Control in the 1820s, The Asistencia served as Headquarters for Regional Mexican General Pio Pico. The Mission Way Station was attacked by a Patrol of US Marines and Sailors (who captured it). Falling into disrepair and disuse, the majority of the interior structure fell into complete ruin. Privately purchased in the 1860s – the land was turned into a Ranch. Only a few of the Stone Wall foundations remain to this day.