The Czechoslovakian Model 26 Light Machine Gun was first designed in 1924 as a light, rapid fire Infantry weapon to be used by the Czechoslovakian Army. Designed by Vaclav Holek, there were 4 variants created up to 1945. First deployed in 1926, The Model 26 was a gas operated breech lock firing mechanism. It fired a 7.92mm jacketed round to a maximum effective range of 1,100 meters. Weighing just 24-pounds, it was 43 inches long. The Model 26 had a cyclic rate of 300 rounds per minute and was equipped with a 20 round box clip magazine. Effective as a Light Machine Gun, over 24 Countries purchased the weapon for use. The Germans adopted it into their Arms inventory when they took over the Country - naming it The M-26 (t). Over 30,000 were produced.