Designed to replace the older Soviet Naval Ensign of 1924-1935, this Ensign was used throughout World War II and remained in use until the fall of The Soviet Union in 1992. The Ensign was a White Field. Off set from the center, was the emblem of the Soviet Communist Party, The Hammer and Sickle, placed closet to the right Fly of the Flag. A Red. 5-pointed Star was set next to this, closest to the left Hoist. A Blue Stripes was placed on the bottom of the Color, which ran the length of the Field, running horizontal.