Santa Cecilia Tower was part of The Maltese Island of Gozo defensive Tower System. Raised in 1613 by The Order of St. John (a Religious Military Order), it's primary purpose was to serve as a ''Communications'' Tower to several close by Battery Towers. Communication was done thru pennant or flag, as well as by messengers. Roughly 50-feet in height, with two floors, The Tower also provided ''Keep'' protection for local residents, should they come under attack. The Tower could also support 15-Soldiers. Becoming a ''private residence'' in the 1840s, the Tower has been renovated.