An early Russian Naval Flag, it was flown by Imperial Russian Warships from 1668 to 1697. The entirety of the Field was Red. Superimposed over which, was a Blue Cross. Unlike most "Cantoned" Flags, no true such embellishments were added. A White Field for contrast was placed on the far Left and Lower Right corners of The Cross. This Ensign wad replaced by the all White Naval Flag, still featuring The Blue Cross of The Tsar, after 1697.