Under Geoffrey of Plantagenet and his successors, The Province of Anjou was English. It was identified between 1301-1328 by a Banner which reflected that. A “Schwenkle” or early “Swallowtail” design, The Banner consisted of a shortened Field of (4) Red Stripes separated by (4) White Stripes. The Blue Canton took up the majority of The Hoist, which was a Royal Blue Field. In this, was featured (4) Fleur d'Lys (the Royal symbol of French Kings) – in Gold. After The Plantagenet Reign, The Anjou King's Flag was not used.