Formed as a part of The Parliamentarian ''New Army'', Sir Richard Waller raised His Regiment of Foot in 1645. They numbered 1,000 Officers and Men and were mustered into Service from several surviving Regiments of Foot (Infantry). While they fought in several Battles, they were ultimately deployed into Ireland to deal with Rebellions (supporters of The Crown) – in Ireland (1650). After The Restoration (1660), The Regiment was broken up into Companies that were absorbed into other British Armies. Their Colors were a Black Field in entirety. No Adornments or Insignia were placed. In the Upper Left Canton was featured a White Field with Red ''St. George Cross''. Whereas Waller's Regiment consisted of (10) Companies, Ten such Companies Colors would have been used.