Developed for battlefield usage during The Cold War, The US M-23 was a Chemical Mine Munition. It was placed into US inventory in 1950. The effective Mine would remain in US Service until 1960. Of the 100,000 Models produced, most were stored in The South Pacific until 2008, when they were finally destroyed. A circular pressure activated Device, The M-23 was 13-inches in diameter and were 5-inches in height. These Munitions were very similar to US Anti-Armor Mines of The Era. Average weight was 23-lbs. A Composition charge (10-lbs). Was the activator which released Nerve Agent (in aerosol form).