The Kingdom of Poland developed it's own Naval Forces in the 15th Century. The first Flag devised for Service wide use was known as "The Arm Banner". Designed by Admiral Sierpinck in 1627, it was a Red Field in entirety. Centered on The Field was a Human Arm in "full color", including a Blue "half-sleeve" (The color indicative of The Navy). In the hand of the up raised Arm was a Cutlass.