The British HMS ''Hornet'' was built in 1850. A Full Rigged Vessel, She would eventually be refitted with a single expansion Steam Engine. Weighing 1,045-tons displaced, ''Hornet'' stood 32-feet and was 160-feet long. Crewed by 233 Officers and Men, ''Hornet'' was considered a Sloop of The ''Cruizer''-Class of Warships. She supported (17) Cannon ranging from 18 to 32-Pounder. ''Hornet'' would fight during The Crimean War of the 1850s (Baltic Campaign), and later serve as part of The Interdiction Fleet during The Second Opium Wars (1859). ''Hornet'' would complete Her deployment as a Station Ship off The Cape of Good Hope. ''Hornet'' would eventually be decommissioned and broken up in 1864.