The Schnellboot (or "E"-Boat), was a fast attack Torpedo Boat designed for Germany's Kreigsmarine (Navy). Heavily armed, they were capable of shallow draft operations in rivers and along the Coastline of Germany. They could achieve 44-50 knots. The "S"-Class was the most produced and deployed. Displacing 100-tons, they were 33-feet long and stood 17-feet (beam). Using 3 Daimler-Benz Marine Diesel Engines, they had an operational range of 1,000-miles. The "S"-100 Class crewed 30 men. Their formidable armament featured (4) Torpedoes, (1) Twin 20mm Cannon and a single Barrel, 20mm Cannon. They also could carry a 37mm Flak Gun. Originally planned for deployment in The North Sea and the English Channel, they were deployed closer to Germany's Coastline and Ports for protection of Naval assets. Their claim to fame was during the Allied Invasion of Normandy, France (1944). A Flotilla of "S"-100s attempted to engage the Allied Invasion Forces, firing their Torpedoes at range. Due to the massive size of the Invasion Fleet, The Flotilla retreated back to Cherbourg, France. The Schnellboots were credited with sinking over 100 Merchant Ships (200,000 tons), 12 Destroyers, 11 Minesweepers, 8 Landing Craft and numerous other ships during The War. Many were captured and pressed into service after The War, still performing the save functions of Coast and Port defense. By 1964, most "S"-100 were phased out.