The ''Deutschland''-Class of Battleships were (5) pre-''Dreadnought''-Class warships built and deployed by The Imperial German Navy – between 1903 and 1908. Dependable and robust Battleships, The Class would be maintained into World War II by The Kreigsmarine. However, by the mid-1940s, The Class was antiquated and with no funding to retrofit (as The German Naval High Command wished), the two surviving ''Deutschland''-Class Vessels saw very limited sea service. Both were scuttled in 1945.
Crewed by over 700 Officer and Men, The ''Deutschland''-Class displaced 14,000-tons. They were 418-feet long with a beam of 75-feet. A 3-shafter, The Class was powered by (20 Triple expansion Engines (Stream, later diesel). The Class could achieve 21-mph. - and could range over 4,800-miles.
Armor plating throughout ranged from 1.6 to 9.4-inches on her Hull and Superstructure. Their armament by 1939 issue, was (2) 28mm Main Guns, (2) 8mm Guns, (4) 1.5-inch Guns and (22) 2cm Cannon. The Class could also support up to (6) 18-inch Torpedoes.