Developed in 1917, The Sopwith Snipe was conceived as a replacement for The Camel Fighter. However, it was passed over due to several operational requirement failures. Nonetheless, The RAF ordered 4,500 Snipe's for Frontline use.
As a late War Fighter, France ordered enough to deploy one whole Air Squadron of the Fighter. The Snipe was a 19 foot long, 30 foot wingspan Bi-plane, capable of a 121 mph airspeed. Her operational ceiling was around 21,000 feet.
As a single-seat Fighter, The Snipe was Red with twin Vickers .303 Machine Guns. The Snipe stayed in Service with The Royal Air as a Fighter/Trainer until 1936.