Known as “The International Tank”, The Mark VIII had a strange linage. This Anglo-American Armored Vehicle was a collaborative effort between Britain, America and France. Component pieces would be manufactured and shipped into France for reassembly. The Mark VIII was one of the first true “Heavy” Tanks made. So durable, The Mark VIII would be retained by The US Army until 1932 (before being replaced). Initial construction began in 1918. Weighing 40 tons, The Mark VIII was 35 feet long by 12 feet wide. It was 10 feet in height. Desifned to crew between 10 and 12 men, their primary armament was 2 6-pounder Hotchkiss Cannon. This was augmented with 7 Machine Guns. She used V-12 Liberty Engine Systems capable of 300 horsepower. The Mark VIII ranged from 5 to 8 miles per hour. The Mark VIII was also the start at incorporating a “top turret” (although The Mark VIII version was fixed).