Developed and first flown in 1913, The Avro 504 was a twin-seat Reconnaissance and Medium Range Bomber. The 504 was 30 feet long with a 36 foot wingspan. Capable of a 95 mph airspeed, it had an operation ceiling of 18,500 feet.
The 504 was outfitted with multiple twin Lewis .303 Machine Guns. For bomb ordnance, she was capable of carrying four, 20 pound bombs underneath her wings. When The 504 was first deployed to The RFC/RAF, it was used as it's primary training plane for new Pilots. It was quickly adapted to it's War role and was used extensively through the conflict. The 504 would reminder in inventory until the mid-1930s.