• Heraldry
  • Less than 1 min

By Crusader1307

In Heraldry terms, if an illegitimate child can somehow “prove” to a certainty the parentage of his natural Father, he can petition for a Royal Warrant to assign him his Father's Coat of Arms. This is a brave and difficult step. In many Countries, illegitimate Sons cannot petition for this procedure. However, in some cases – establishing one's “Family” (even without the Father), can be enough for the illegitimate Son to petition his own Coat of Arms. Often, if “legitimacy” WAS proven – the new “Coat of Arms” was somewhat “poorly made” and lacking in “detail”.